Hello, my name is Victoria Lynn Dorsey. I'm originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma. However, I have lived most of my life in Texas. I moved to the Austin area in June of 1990. I've been practicing psychotherapy since 2005. I view counseling as a collaborative process between therapist and client. The client is the expert. The therapist assists the client in finding solutions to presenting problems, provides suggestions, and invites alternative and challenging perspectives. For many years, I knew I wanted to facilitate a collaborative process to assist individuals & families experience needed and desired change and growth. Counseling aids the healing of mental and emotional issues. Building trust and rapport is important in the therapeutic relationship. Clients that are committed to the process of therapy experience a great deal of progress.
- The University of Texas at Austin * BA in Psychology (1996)
- The Episcopal Seminary of the SW * Masters in Counseling & Pastoral Ministry (2005)
- Capella University (Currently pursuing a Doctorate in Advanced Human Behavior/ 2019)
- State of Texas, Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor, #62569
Additional Training Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Texas Counseling Association
- Alpha Lambda Omega Christian Sorority